Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thank Goodness...It's Over!!

The good guys in the black hats carried the day. My DH can relax until April (NFL Draft), of course in the middle there is March Madness, and he'd rather watch good college basketball than eat, but I digress. The Steelers won. He'd been waiting for 26 years for another Super Bowl, the smile on his face was priceless. It was excellent. Never mind that I could barely watch. I couldn't believe that a team could play so well one week, and be so mediocre the next, but never mind....

If it were any other team, I'd have been taking my Super Bowl nap. Or better yet, perhaps I'd have been able to concentrate, and would not have had to frog my Odessa hat 3 times because I couldn't get the gauge right.

I chose to knit the hat instead of my Feather and Fan socks because I thought I wouldn't be able to concentrate on lace. As I realized after the third frog........it just didn't matter. Here's my sock in progress shot.

The pattern is from Socks, Socks, Socks, and is being done with Socks that Rock "Carbon". I thought because the colors are rather "subdued" I'd do something interesting with the pattern. I like the way it's looking so far.



Another Super Bowl Bonus was that Stitch Your Art Out, my local yarn store, had what has become an annual Super Bowl Sunday sale. They open on Sunday and have pretty good yarn (and fabric if you're a quilter) sales. I picked up some Fantasy Naturale on sale for 50% off. Then they have a little contest-- you pick a team to win the Super Bowl and if your team wins you get the yarn (of your own choosing) for one project at 25% off. A pretty good deal. I got 6 skeins of Steadfast Yarns wool in "Carrot Cake"--just love that name. Hoping that some day this will turn into Cinxia from knitty.com.

No comments: