Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Just Couldn't Stop

It happened nearly exactly a year ago.

I fell ill, with a horrible cold, and ended up at home for days. Last year I experimented with constructing a beaded flower brooch, and liked it so much I couldn't stop...... I made, literally, a dozen beaded brooches.

Last week the same thing happened. This time it was a sinus infection that I neglected for over a week before it wore me down. This time I was knitting stuff. It really began when I finished my Clapotis. It is done using Brooks Farm Harmony Yarn, it is superb.

Since I only had a pair of socks in progress, I decided to start a Kitty Pi Bed promised to my sister's cat Trixie (aka Dementia). I had given my sister a Kitty Pi Bed bed for Christmas, and her goofy male cat, Hef, appropriated it, after several kitty "set tos". So poor Dementia was left out in the cold. I started the bed on Thursday, and finished the knitting on Saturday, felted on Sunday, and it's already on it's way to little Dementia.


Does anyone want to give me odds that Hef will want whatever bed Trixie is sleeping in.......? I used three skeins of Brown Sheep Bulky and some eyelash yarn I found at JoAnn's. I only needed to felt it about 15 minutes on very high agitation (towels added) with very hot water. And in case you're wondering, I'm blocking these beds over a 15 inch round hatbox.

Then here is what I'm calling my Sunday Scarf......because I knit it in one Sunday afternoon. The instructions are from the Yarn Harlot (it is the December 13th 2005 posting), and I fell in love with the yarn--2 skeins of 100% wool that looks like velvet, Zitron of Germany, the yarn is called Turmalin. Ummmmm......


Alas, I had to come to work on Monday. Darn......I was beginning to hear my beads calling....














No comments: