Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Happy Birthday United States!

Even though, right now, it feels like I'm living in crazy town, I can't imagine living anywhere else. How boring would that be?

  • 330,000,000 million citizens.
  •  Every type of terrain imaginable from desert to snow covered peaks, and the freedom to live in any of these places.
  • A democratic republic that changes government control, at least, every four years, without bloodshed (except figuratively).
  • And a uniqueness that thrives no where else in the world. 

And I suspect that Ben Franklin would agree. I can only imagine that the old coot would be thriving in the current political environment. That alone gives me hope.

Oh yeah...and don't forget to thank your local veteran. They are the successors to those first patriots who dumped tea in harbors and ambushed Georgie's soldiers at Lexington and Concorde. 


In other news, I finished Jellyfish!
It was way too hot to model a wool scarf. Even a lace weight scarf.  Would I do it again? Probably not. But I like the finished product and the flowiness of it will be perfect in the early fall. See Rav for details.......I'm too lazy to retype everything.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

love it! my poor jellyfish stallrd :-(