Friday, April 27, 2007

Knitting at last ....take two.

Take two... because I don't know what happened to my nearly completed posting........

These are my Rock and Weave socks from Blue Moon.



These are made using the medium weight yarn, Chapman Springs colorway. I'm not sure I like the medium weight because they feel slightly rough on the bottoms of my feet, but washing might take care of that.






This is my favorite part though:




Note the kitty head buttons, are they not just too cute? Am I not just bizzaro?











This next piece is the Argosy scarf from Knitty.



I used about 200+ yards of Brooks Farm Harmony (50% silk/50% wool) left over from a Christmas gift. I was "afeared" that I wouldn't be able to make a scarf long enough for my taste, but it turned out longer than necessary. This is great fiber, and perfect to wear for our cool mornings, then warm afternoons. Light, yet warm, and it interpreted the pattern beautifully.

Aren't the colors grand?

I'd better stop before this post gets eaten too!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love your socks and scarf! The colors are beautiful!

Bloomin Yarns is in McMurray. Here is the address and telephone number.
3920 Washington Road, McMurray PA,15317
724 942 1025

Hope that helps!