Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm lazy...

...so there are no photos to accompany this post. I am forging ahead with my new flamingo, which will be a b-day gift for my sister. And I'm putzing around with my Hanging Gardens Lace Stole. I'm using Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud laceweight. This will be only the second piece I'm working on using real laceweight yarn. I've knit other lace, but using DK, sport or worsted. I find this much more difficult. Perhaps also because the pattern repeat is like 40-something rows long, AND I'm not a chart fan. I understand the attraction people have to charts, but I don't want to carry an entire chart around. Instead I carry a stack of index cards with each row written out and held together with a ring. When I finish a row I flip the card. That way I don't have to guess where I am. In this case, too, the wrong side rows are all purl. So I only have to note the patterned rows. Note the title of the posting.

In other "news" my Knit Picks "purse" lost an eye. This is the little clutch like piece that attached to the outside of the larger bags. The metal eye just plum pulled out. So I called KP customer service, and as is their rep, they were more than gracious. The only problem is that they are not selling the purse part separately anymore. What the heck is up with that? The customer service person couldn't tell me what was going on so I think I'm going to send them an email because it just doesn't make sense. They gave me credit for the purse, and that is that. I'm really disappointed because I am really liking these bags. I am hauling them everywhere.

No comments: